Friday, July 12, 2013

I know what I want, I know what I need

I know what I want, I know what I need
But I also know I’m never gonna get it.

I want a man who’s intelligent and well-read, but not obnoxious or condescending about it. Instead, he uses his learned wisdom to help others.

I need someone who’s open-minded to other people’s ideas, a man who realizes we need to respect the ideals of our fellow humans, rather than change them.

My dream man wants to see the world just as badly as I do. He possesses the same restless, nomadic spirit that has driven me throughout my life and we go out into the world, conquering it together.

I want a man who isn’t afraid of my extreme independence, but appreciates why I became this way and works with me rather than against me.

Most of all, I want a man who not only makes me laugh but, more importantly, thinks I’m the funniest person he’s ever met. Not the funniest woman, the funniest person. He waits with baited breath for the next thing to come out of my mouth, knowing that it’s outrageous and hilarious.

I know what I want, I know what I need
But I also know I’m never gonna get it.

He doesn’t exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment