Monday, August 20, 2012

This week’s thoughts that aren’t long enough to merit their own individual blog

Celebrity DUIs

Why does a celebrity DUI make the news EVERY time it happens Can you imagine how clogged up the news would be if EVERY person with a DUI, celebrity or not, made the news? That's all we'd hear! There would be no Pussy Riot news updates, no political updates (though at this time of year in an election year, I might be glad to see that one go the way of the dodo)

Just in these past two weeks it's been country singer Randy Travis, Crocs founder George Boedecker, Jessica Simpson's dad, and adult film star Jenna Jameson. Enough! If DUIs are happening this frequently, then it has ceased to be news. Stop reporting it!

We don’t need no stinkin’ mission

A couple of weeks ago, a friend asked me what my mission was, what my purpose was here on this earth. I say I don't need no stinkin' mission! I'm not supposed to be here in the first place. My presence in this life is a product of a game of Birth Control Russian Roulette. I get to do what I like, mission-free. Woooo!

Some might argue that I was meant to be. I don’t know about that, but I’m going to make sure I have a hell of a ride while I’m here. More on that later.

Birthday, baby (or is that birthday baby with no comma?)

My birthday is on February 12, which was nice when I was growing up in Connecticut because we always got that day off school as it was Lincoln’s birthday. Then we moved to North Carolina and it was “Lincoln? That's a car, right?"

I once was skeptical about signs, but as I've become more in tune to my little Jiminy Cricket in place of other people’s ideas about what my life should be, I realize I am a true Aquarius and lately I've become interested in learning the signs of people that I effortlessly connect with. (I realize that last sentence ended in a preposition, but William Safire said it was okay.)

Jane Austen

I want a Georgian/Regency-era dress. True, I have no place to wear it, but I want to be dressed like a character out of a Jane Austen novel. I think Mrs. Jennings and I are the same size.

1 comment:

  1. I am GOING to have to aruge one point...I cannot stand by your "we don't need no stinking mission" statement because you are wonderful in every way, talented, beautiful inside and out, you make people laugh, you are a confident woman, you are an educator and you help everyone you meet, you speak what is on your mind and you DO WHAT YOU WANT...PLEASE tell me that you just "happened" IDTS!!!! you were sent to this earth to help people like me come out of their shell, to exhibit the great love and passion you have for life and to YES! enjoy the ride...you are a role model my dear sister and I cannot COUNT the ways that I love you and how proud I am to be your sister and more importantly, your friend!!!! :)))) <3 <3 <3 (these heart thingies apparently only work on facebook lol)

    ReplyDelete