Friday, October 12, 2012

This is what I've been doing with my week off work

This was breakfast on Monday...okay, brunch. Dippy eggs and soldiers (because of the way you have to cut the bread)


I posted on Tuesday about the chocolate peanut butter cookies I made. I may take another crack at it and this time do peanut butter, cocoa, and chocolate chips.

Then today I made chicken pie and roasted Brussels sprouts for dinner. Stand down, the sprouts are supposed to look like that. Actually, they're supposed to be much darker.



Before I go back to work on Monday, I ambitiously plan to make butternut squash soup, chilaquiles, and apple cobbler. Plus maybe the aforementioned cookies. We'll see.

7 comments:

  1. Egg cups!!!!! I'm not a fan of soft boiled eggs, but I think egg cups are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my yolks runny, especially if I have hot, buttered toast to dip in the yolks. This is like poached eggs, but with less of a margin of error. I'm speaking from experience on that margin of error, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I like my eggs sunny side when when I fry them. I LOVE dippy eggs!!!! That's what I call them too, just a tad different. How funny lol Also, I need one more piece of toast than eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My English friend Lou called them 'dippy eggs' ages ago (so she's to blame for me wanting them...plus all those English movies where they're eating that for breakfast) and I Googled it because I didn't know what she was talking about. They were DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just googled it lol Do you use vegemite???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gross, no! I use butter. I tried Vegemite once. Just once, that was all it took.

    ReplyDelete